PDA

View Full Version : DoA Updates - May 13

Alex
05-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone,

A new, small set of updates for DoA has just got in effect:

- you will now see the "My Gang" category first when you click the Send Gift button
- this being the first category that appears, when choosing the "All Friends" category, you will see all your friends in the list
- the gift list now has a limit of 1000 players (instead of the previous 200)

We hope this will alleviate some of the recent gifting problems that have affected the game. Of course, more updates and features are on the way, so stay tuned and don't hesitate to leave us your feedback. Cheers.

Susan Rose Hammock
05-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Thank you!!!! You guys are as awesome as ever

Susan Rose Hammock
05-13-2013, 03:34 PM
'An error occurred, please try again later...

Susan Rose Hammock
05-13-2013, 03:35 PM
JUST TRIED SENDING GIFTS AND GOT THIS MESSAGE--'An error occurred, please try again later... WHY??? IS IT BECAUSE UPDATE NOT COMPLETED I REFRESHED BROWER COMPLETELY SO THAT'S NOT PROBLEM

Veerle D'hanis
05-13-2013, 03:53 PM
I have the same error.
Deleted browser history/cookies, restarted,... tried other browser, always the same error.

But I CAN add more then 200 gang to the giftlist.

Alex
05-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Veerle and Susan, Can you please send us a screen-shot of the error? Either send it to our support email or you can post it here. Thank you.

Alex
05-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Update: We have addressed this. Please refresh the page and tell us if it's working, thank you.

Veerle D'hanis
05-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Hi Alex, Thank you for your supersonic action :D

I did what you said and now I have the situation like it was yesterday.
I don't have the "My gang" tab but "friends playing DoA".
But there not the people playing DoA are listed (as it was before), but the top of the list with all my friends, thus also those not playing DoA.
Moreover, only the first about 50 people of all my friends (part of names starting with A) are listed.

My gift list acts normal, that is complete and no other players are in it then those I've listed there.

Veerle D'hanis
05-13-2013, 07:14 PM
I went counting :D. It are exactly the first 100 people of my fb-friendslist that are shown.

Susan Rose Hammock
05-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Mine is the same as it was before also

Susan Rose Hammock
05-13-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm having to go back to the previous suggestion of where you click on send gifts and dead or alive players list is wrong so then you change it to all friends then back to doa players and it's correct but this is very time consuming as you have to do it for every 25 you send

Alex
05-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Hi everyone,

The revert to the way the gifting list functioned until yesterday is due to some Facebook limits that we cannot control and it affects only players that have a lot of Facebook friends.
I apologize for this and have to ask everyone affected to please use the new gifting list, that now supports up to around 1000 players.

Of course, we're continuing to look into this for further improvements. Thank you.

Veerle D'hanis
05-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi Alex, Thank you again for your feedback :cool:.

Since the gift sending problem remains for players with many fb-friends, and thus with very big gangs, it could be a solution to expand the gift list even more to fe. 3000. Our problems are solved then :D.

Susan, indeed, it works the way you explain, and indeed very time consuming, but we only have to do it once :D. Once we get a gift back, we can add them to the gift list.
Also remind that a lot of people that play the game are NOT shown in the list with DoA players, they are in the "All friends" list. It concerns nearly all higher level players, probably also those with big gangs/many fb-friends.

Alex
05-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Veerle, This is also related to limits that affect the game and for now we won't be able to do it, since especially players with a lot of FB friends and gang might be again affected in different ways. The around-1000 list we have now is one that guarantees that certain problems won't appear so we will have to stick with it for now.