PDA

View Full Version : DoA Clan (Gang) features - Requesting community feedback

Alex
04-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Howdy everyone,

In our continued efforts to improve in-game interaction and cooperation, we plan to introduce clan (gang) specific features. Some of the initial ones are:

- a gang would be composed of 30 members and a player can only be a part of a single gang - this smaller number of members would encourage cooperation between players much better than the present possible gang size;
- gang chat; a gang voting system for different actions; gang base where members can build structures together; diverse gang vs. gang fighting events;
Nothing will change regarding current gang mechanics, only their name will change.

Not strictly related to clans we are also planning:
- a training ground where in-game friends can fight each other without fights being counted as won or lost in the rankings, while also gaining experience
- the ability to add players as in-game friends without the need to friend them on Facebook first, based on auto-generated codes.

These are only the first steps in constructing a strong clan interface and we are asking for your feedback regarding anything that you think would make it better. The thread is open for discussion.

Marsha Nortz
04-14-2013, 05:49 PM
So this is to be a totally new and independant feature? the 1 question i guess i have beyond that is what the direction you are moving to is? i can see some of the possibilities that this could open. can or will you even care to elaborate a bit more before i give judgement or make any other suggestions?

Pamela St Clair
04-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Im not sure the point in the whole small gang of 30 members seems a little confusing i like the way we play now and a training ground seems like a waste of time you can get all the training you need just playing the game i do like adding friends through the game since so many are being banned by facebook...i thank you for trying to improve the game but if its not broken and its working great why change it just my opinion....i would like to know a whole lot more before im on board ...thank you you guys are doing a great job.....
howdy everyone,

in our continued efforts to improve in-game interaction and cooperation, we plan to introduce clan (gang) specific features. Some of the initial ones are:

- a gang would be composed of 30 members and a player can only be a part of a single gang - this smaller number of members would encourage cooperation between players much better than the present possible gang size;
- gang chat; a gang voting system for different actions; gang base where members can build structures together; diverse gang vs. Gang fighting events;
nothing will change regarding current gang mechanics, only their name will change.

Not strictly related to clans we are also planning:
- a training ground where in-game friends can fight each other without fights being counted as won or lost in the rankings, while also gaining experience
- the ability to add players as in-game friends without the need to friend them on facebook first, based on auto-generated codes.

These are only the first steps in constructing a strong clan interface and we are asking for your feedback regarding anything that you think would make it better. The thread is open for discussion.

Pamela St Clair
04-14-2013, 10:54 PM
One thing i would suggest is away to send gifts out like 25 or 50 at a time WITH JUST ONE CLICK instead of each one it takes forever more would gift if it where set this way... Ty :d

Pamela St Clair
04-14-2013, 10:55 PM
I agree we need more info on it ....

Susan Rose Hammock
04-15-2013, 02:27 AM
i don't think the smaller gang and training fights is necessary the only thing i definitely like is adding in game friends without Facebook The thing I need to know is more information the way it's stated now I WOULD PROBABLY QUIT PLAYING THE GAME I don't like the addition of a smaller gang The gangs work fine the way they are I agree if not broken don't fix it.

Susan Rose Hammock
04-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Also please make gift list up to 500 instead of 200 as that is the average that anyone gets gifts get returned and it would be so much nicer if we could send gifts to the people that we know will return and are still active players

Alex
04-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone,
First of all, thank you for your interest and feedback. The clan interface is not a decided feature yet. We are still considering different options for it and also looking for as much player feedback as we can get.
The 30 player limit would strengthen player interaction while also allowing us to more easily organize specific events. On top of that, the current team size (what we now call "gangs") would also remain.
Regarding gifting, we are indeed working on improvements and we'll have more to announce in future updates. Of course, feedback is still welcome.

Veerle D'hanis
04-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Like I understand the 30-member-clan feature, it will be something extra next to the actual gang.
I do like the idea of gang against gang fighting where equipment/... plays a role.
I would like to have a more specific description of what "build structures together" means.

I would not like to see disappear the actual gang because we need it for collecting shares.
I do like the fact that gang can be added without beying friends, but then also something has to be done to be able to collect shares from gang that is not a friend. This is not in my personal advantage, but I'm thinking of new players that need to be able to collect loot from friends.
Now you just can't collect if you are not also fb-friends.
So if there is the possibility to make ingame friends, there also should be the possibility ingame to collect shares.

Personally I don't think little clans will encourage cooperation, rather on the contrary. I know other games where the existance of clans causes real wars that get a personal dimension.
Now there is a good cooperation (my feeling), everybody gets help on what he asks, things are widely shared,...
In the case of clans, shares and other help will be done more exclusively, more restricted to the own little clan.

Untill now DoA was a game where working together with a lot of players was a win/win situation. It would be nice if the could stay that way. New features are welcomed if the fit in the concept :D

Greg Smith
04-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Sorry Alex but I think your list of "teasers" for the new things to be implemented for this game is too vague and confusing. You'll only receive vague answers in return or no answers at all until it's actually in the game. For instance, why would we want to build structures together? Will the structure be able to melt all of our existing boomerangs and create an ultra boomerang? Or, will the structure allow us to gain interest from our deposits like a true bank should be? Why should there be a training ground? Will there be more to gain than just experience and duel points?

Assumption #1:

We lose all of our gang members and start over. We make a new clan of up to 30 members. If this is the case, what do I do with all my boomerangs that I have? We'll all have an overabundance of weapons, armor and transports that it makes no sense to keep collecting. What if more than 30 members want to join? If they can't, that's going to cause problems.

Assumption #2:

We keep our current gang but we now can make a clan of 30, which is like a gang within a gang. Still confusing. You'll just segregate others because naturally everyone will want to belong to the top clan. If you have a clan composed of all the best players and you have clan vs clan events, where is the challenge? The strongest clan will always win. You can't use stealth, sabotage, spies, or anything. This game is based on your stats and weapons. All new comers will feel left out since their arsenal is weak compared to people who've been playing a lot longer.

If you're trying to introduce a new Coca-cola flavor because you think the game is bland, stop! I want to keep drinking classic Coke! If you think a drastic change is necessary without consulting your customers like what Netflix did, stop now!

I think it's safe to say that we all like boss fighting. Please concentrate on that. Maybe introduce a linear progression to an epic boss - you fight all his henchmen first at the saloon, progress to the bank and try to gun down his lieutenants, and gradually work your way up to the final boss out who's in the middle of town. Also, no user can do more than 5% of his total health. If a user can only do up to 5% max damage to the epic boss, it'll take at least 20 people to participate in the final fight. Of course there are different types of epic bosses so that even lower level players can do this.

Just my opinion...

Keep up the good work!

Mitro
04-17-2013, 12:05 PM
I like this,
Hope will be fast to proses. Right now, hmm thinking what my clan name?
With 30 gangs, maybe for the future have clans boss fight. So who clear first the boss fight clan can get medal. And so much future.

And one clan fight another clan to clamp the teritory, the teritory gift gold or money.

Hope another will agree. Ty

Alex
04-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone,

Just to try and clarify things a bit: the clan interface and features are not completely decided. We are considering different options for them and that is why we are also asking for player feedback. No major points have been decided yet and we can clearly promise that nothing that is presently good will be spoiled if a clan interface is introduced.

With that said, a few clear things that I can mention again for now:
- even if clans are introduced, present gang mechanics and size will remain EXACTLY the same. No player would be forced to join a clan and no player would gain any disadvantages because of clans
- the common base idea is only a starting point, nothing major has been decided in regards to it, but it would mainly be a place where clan players could contribute to building structures and, of course, gain benefits
- in regards to in-clan sharing, that is a great idea and we're greatly considering it.

Of course, we want the discussion to continue and different ideas about the topic are welcome. Thank you.