Thread: Gunfight at the ok corral

NEW GAME IDEA: Gunfight at the OK Corral

Greetings Alex, Ken & DOA Staff
    I have an idea that i'm sort of excited to share with you. I have no idea how feasible this would be, but it seems similarly workable to the bounty system.

OK - dig this:
    What if you were to transform your current (unused) CHARACTER tab (in the fight section beside the boss-tab) to create the "OK Corral" & with the intention of creating THE GUNFIGHT AT THE OK CORRAL scenario between 2 accts (or 2 teams with multiple players) so that they would be attacking & healing & attacking & healing & attacking ANY of the opposing targets with their goal being to exhaust any of the other's health to zero TO eliminate that opponent; without being eliminated first by the other PLAYER/team. No wins/losses with each attack the goal is simply to exhaust an opponents health by any one of a number of damage calculation algorithms. Strategies for success will develop & evolve.

ALL of the OK CORRAL Gunfighters will NEED to be able to see a "real time" accounting of their health & stamina status & all their opponents health values. Other than a simple denotation that a team mate has been lost because of exhausted health there probably isn't a need for being able to view team mates health; whereas if a particular opponent is "in the red" all their opponents may detect this and then focus on that target's declining health before they heal. That will be the name of the game to overwhelm & exhaust an opponents health before they can heal; while skillfully jockeying your own healing & attacks. last man/team standing wins. I suspect there should be a time limit on the event. Maybe even a limit on how many challenges could be issued or accepted, or even against a particular acct in an hour/day? (depending on the reward or stat value)

I would create a methodology for the GUNFIGHT AT THE OK CORRAL to allow each participant to be able to pay to heal in increments (rather than full heals) & with NO timer restriction on your ability to heal. The only restriction on healing should be your (acct balance and your) ability to pay to heal.

This OK Corral scenario would be an agreed encounter. (not a surprise attack or unannounced bounty) One player issues an in-game challenge to the other (probably on their page near the attack & bounty buttons) & a news feed DOA-announcement option is generated so that all their fb-friends/gang can see. Maybe a methodology can be developed so that there could be spectators that want to see a particular gunfight ? This new aspect can pit one acct against the other, similar to a duel but it allows you to fully exercise the set up (skill point placement) of your acct. I suspect that even friends should be able to challenge each other; especially if a ranking was recognized or developed.

In effect the acct with the higher health would fare better because that acct has the latitude to attack and be attacked more between refills; but a couple clicks from an acct with an ultra high attack setup and a clicky finger may offset another's seeming health advantage?

I could scribble & ramble on, new ideas and evolutions of ideas emerge even as i write this note. I have some other ideas rolling around in my head but this is a good representation of the foundation of my GUNFIGHT AT THE OK CORRAL concept. This seems kinda like a cool & progressive idea to me (but i guess i'm biased, its my idea) and i sure would like to talk with you more to develop this concept if you find it of interest.

/Lynn
    Last edited by Lynn Starwalker; 01-02-2014 at 02:59 AM.

Alex/DOA,
    I Believe you guys were toying with animated pix for bossfight figures a couple months ago. Can you picture a dimensional gunfight opponent like your current artwork?? How about a left/right movement capability to your character to make him more challenging to target ??

Can you picture a player becoming a known Gunfighter and can see other fast guns coming to test their skill and their account setup against the fastest gun in DOA. I can also see a ranking develop - Lets imagine that #25 wants to challenge #1. If #1 wins there is no change in ranking. If #25 wins, then #25 takes the top spot & #1 becomes the new #2; bumping all others down a spot to fill #25's open spot

I can see experience & DUEL POINTS being earned as rewards for WINNING a gunfight at the OK Corral. Maybe there could even be a "wager" between opponents to enter the corral. I can see DOA collecting an UNDERTAKER's FEE as is similarly collected for placing a bounty.
    Last edited by Lynn Starwalker; 01-02-2014 at 03:37 AM.