Thread: World Boss Fight - Gunpowder Jack

World Boss Fight - Gunpowder Jack

The recent surge in Gold expeditions has gained massive attention from all over the world. Wanderers everywhere have begun to storm the American territory - and not just on land.
    The first one is part of a famous covenant of pirates originating from the Gulf of Mexico - Gunpowder Jack.
    Band together with the Dead or Alive community and ride towards the East Coast where Gunpowder Jack will arrive at any moment.

You have a few days at most before he retreats to the waters, so make haste!

The operation begins at 12.00 PM EDT on September 24.

Rules of engagement:

- Rewards will be gained depending on every player's Percentile Score. The Percentile Score is the percentage of scores lower than your own.

- The minimum damage required is 80,000. This score will grant you 10 reward items.

- All stats recharge 25% faster and Boosts can be used every 6 hours during the event.

- Normal attacks will only use 4 Stamina and Power Attacks will only use 16 Stamina, compared with the previous 5 and 20, respectively.
    This means more hits for everyone, resulting in more inflicted damage, more experience and duel points. It also makes it much more convenient and rewarding for lower levels to engage in the fight.

- The higher your Percentile Score, the higher the number of reward items you will get. The highest Percentile Score will be rewarded 40 items.

- The top 20 scores will be rewarded additional rewards as follows:

1st place - 20 additional Legendary items
    2nd place - 15 additional Legendary items
    3rd place - 10 additional Legendary items
    4-10th place - 5 additional Legendary items
    11-20th place - 5 additional items

- Up to 12 additional items are awarded, depending on the amount of time left at the end of the battle.

- Damage inflicted to this boss will grant you double the pay in cash when compared to the last high-level bosses.

- There is no limit to how many players can engage in the event.

- You have a maximum of 5 days to defeat him.

- The scoreboard will auto-refresh at about every 2 minutes.

This thread is open to everyone for discussion, so don't hesitate to leave us your feedback regarding the event and the game in general. Good luck!
    Last edited by Alex; 09-25-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    Have a suggestion, problem or just want to get in touch? Contact us at " support [at] doafb.com "
    For bug reporting, please provide a detailed description of the problem and, if possible/applicable, a screen-shot.

Need to contact me directly? Send me a private message.

Hi Alex,

When you say 'first one', does that mean the second one will come out soon after this boss is dead or much later in the future?

I wonder how much money DoA team will make with this world boss coming to town...

Oh and I think you meant 12 PM EDT
    Last edited by Greg Smith; 09-24-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Hi Alex,
    I've been enjoying GunPowder Jack - Thanx !

I was just reading over the rewards; and if my percentile exceeds the Uncommon loot requirement and is not within the range required for uncommon items: (You need a percentile score below 60% to qualify for this item) does that mean I have placed into an upper tier and that I have zero chance of collecting an uncommon item and 100% chance of ONLY receiving Rare, Epic or Legendary rewards ??

For the Rare loot items that are available for players in the 5% > 80% percentile, if I score 81%+ does that mean I have placed into an upper tier and that I have zero chance of collecting a rare or uncommon item and 100% chance of ONLY receiving Epic & Legendary rewards ??

On a side note, I enjoy seeing the scoreboard that concerns me most with the 10 players above & below my position but I wish there were a page I could visit that would show me the entire scoreboard in case I wanted to plot a take over of the top of the board or one of the top 20 bonus spots

Administrator
    Hello Lynn,

You are correct about the percentile tiers and rewards. If your percentile score is above 80%, you will only receive Epic and Legendary items, with their chances of dropping being recalculated accordingly: 30% chance for a legendary item and 70% chance for an epic item (they initially have 3% and 7% chance of dropping).

Thank you for the full scoreboard suggestion. We have added this feature on our list and plan to implement it for our next world bosses. Let us know if you have any other suggestions.