Thread: DoA Character Expansion

Lightbulb DoA Character Expansion

Greetings everyone,

The Dead or Alive Character expansion is getting ever closer and we are ready to announce a few important features:

- all players will have their own avatar based on the class picked when they started the game;
    - missions will expand thanks to a completely new map and large number of objectives;
    - a new trading system will allow you to exchange obtainable items for character equipment (a whole new range of items and equipment will be available to allow you the freedom of customization);
    - the Duel mechanic will be replaced with fights between player avatars;
    - last but not least, we are confident you will enjoy the work our artists have invested in the new mission maps.

A release date is not yet decided, but this only gives us enough time to receive feedback from you, our community, and polish the expansion as much as possible.

This thread is open to everyone for discussion, so don't hesitate to leave us your impressions and feedback.

Have a suggestion, problem or just want to get in touch? Contact us at " support [at] doafb.com "
    For bug reporting, please provide a detailed description of the problem and, if possible/applicable, a screen-shot.

Need to contact me directly? Send me a private message.

I thought there was a video you could see as well but from what i read i like the ideas

Found the video i only have one question what about those of us who have no one in our fightlists is this avatar to avatar battles going to allow us to fight once again or are us high level player(anyone over level 700) going to still lose out

Susan,
    We're not ready to announce all the battle mechanics yet, but we want to make sure there are enough players to fight or practice on. Of course, new details will be announced as the expansion approaches and player feedback is always welcome.
    Have a suggestion, problem or just want to get in touch? Contact us at " support [at] doafb.com "
    For bug reporting, please provide a detailed description of the problem and, if possible/applicable, a screen-shot.

mechanics aside, this opens a lot if new avenues for the game to take. can you give us a general idea where this is thought to lead. without knowing some of what you plan for the game and its players it is hard to make any suggestions and ideas to throw to you.. is this going to lead to a total rework of the game as it stands now? are the bosses changing from open enrollment to clan only or clan based enrollment? ( there are a number of groups out there now who exist solely for boss fights) from what i have seen more and more poeple currently are boss fight oriented, are you reworking the PVP ? just a general idea from the DEV's would go a long way.

Marsha,
    What I can say for now is that Boss fights might get some additions, but the current system will also remain in place, so no worries there. Present good ideas will only be kept or improved upon. Even if we introduce a clan interface, nobody will be forced to enroll in one or be kept outside Boss fights.

The expansion should be very familiar to current player. All players will get their own avatar that can be equipped with items, while completing new types of missions and engaging in duels with the other players. We'll have more to announce about this as the launch date approaches. Thank you.

how much longer for this to get added to the game?